All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty-first-century techlogical invations have revolutionized the way we experience space, causing an increased sense of fragmentation, danger, and placelessness. In Geographies of Writing: Inhabiting Places and Encountering Difference , Nedra Reylds addresses these problems in the context of higher education, arguing that theories of writing and rhetoric must engage the metaphorical implications of place without igring materiality. Geographies of Writing makes three closely related contributions: one theoretical, to reimagine composing as spatial, material, and visual; one political, to understand the sociospatial construction of difference; and one pedagogical, to teach writing as a set of spatial practices. Aided by seven maps and illustrations that reinforce the book's visual rhetoric, Geographies of Writing shows how composition tasks and electronic space function as conduits for navigating reality.
- Author BiographyNedra Reynolds is a professor of writing and rhetoric and the director of the College Writing Program at the University of Rhode Island. She is the author of Portfolio Keeping: A Guide for Students and Portfolio Teaching: A Guide for Instructors and a coeditor of The Bedford Bibliography for Teachers of Writing, sixth edition.
- Author(s)Nedra Reynolds
- PublisherSouthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2007
- Place of PublicationCarbondale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouthern Illinois University Press
- Content Note7 illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.