All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the geographies of the Holocaust at every scale of human experience, from the European continent to the experiences of individual human bodies. Built on six invative case studies, it brings together historians and geographers to interrogate the places and spaces of the gecide. The cases encompass the landscapes of particular places (the killing zones in the East, deportations from sites in Italy, the camps of Auschwitz, the ghettos of Budapest) and the intimate spaces of bodies on evacuation marches. Geographies of the Holocaust puts forward models and a research agenda for different ways of visualizing and thinking about the Holocaust by examining the spaces and places where it was enacted and experienced.
- Author BiographyAnne Kelly Knowles is Professor of Geography at Middlebury College. She is author of Calvinists Incorporated: Welsh Immigrants on Ohio's Industrial Frontier and Mastering Iron: The Struggle to Modernize an American Industry, 1800-1868. She has also edited two previous volumes on the use of GIS for history. Her work has been recognized by the American Ingenuity Award for Historical Scholarship from Smithsonian magazine. Tim Cole is Professor of Social History at the University of Bristol and author of Traces of the Holocaust: Journeying In and Out of the Ghettos; Holocaust City: The Making of a Jewish Ghetto; and Selling the Holocaust: How History Is Bought, Packaged, and Sold, and editor (with Chris Pearson and Peter Coates) of Militarized Landscapes: From Gettysburg to Salisbury Plain. Alberto Giordano is Professor and Chair of the Department of Geography at Texas State University in San Marcos. He is the author of one book (in Italian) on quality control in GIS and of several publications in GIScience, historical cartography, and hazards geography. He is author (with Tim Cole) of a number of articles on GIS, the Holocaust, and the Budapest ghetto.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleThe Spatial Humanities
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note86 color illus., 8 tables
- Weight1429 g
- Width5817 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAlberto Giordano,Anne Kelly Knowles,Tim Cole
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.