All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title draws together well-respected contributors to look forward to the future of geography education and explore key questions in the field. Geography, Education and the Future considers the future of both geography and geography education by exploring the following questions: How can geography education prepare young people for the places, environments and societies they will inhabit in the future? How should geography be reframed to take into account the major social and environmental changes wrought by growing consumption, restructuring of ecomies and techlogies, and the dynamic connections between local and global? How can geography and geography education present an agenda that can be taken seriously and implemented in the twenty first century? A range of geographical themes are considered through four sections: children, young people and geography; place, space and change; mediating forms of geographical kwledge; and, global ethics, environment and citizenship. Each section concludes with a discussant critically summarising the content.
- Author BiographyGraham Butt is Reader in Geography Education, Director of Academic Planning and Deputy Head of the School of Education at the University of Birmingham, UK.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/01/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byGraham Butt
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.