All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeography and History is the first book for more than a century to examine comprehensively the interdependence of the two disciplines. Alan Baker, an internationally houred historical geographer, focuses upon the work of North American, British and French historians and geographers but takes a global and interdisciplinary perspective upon the theory and practice of historical geography and geographical history. He analyses the views of historians on the relationship of their discipline to geography, and geographers on the relationship of theirs to history. He considers in turn locational geographies and spatial histories, environmental geographies and histories, landscape geographies and histories, and regional geographies and histories. Seeking to bridge the 'Great Divide' between history and geography, Dr Baker identifies some basic principles relating historical geography t only to history but also to geography, a reworking which signifies a 'new beginning' for this scholarly hybrid.
- Author BiographyAlan Baker is an internationally renowned historical geographer who in 1998 was honoured by France as a Chevalier dans l'Order des Palmes Academiques for his contribution to the field.
- Author(s)Alan R. H. Baker
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/11/2003
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Historical Geography
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.36
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note15 b/w illus. 3 maps
- Weight610 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Series Edited byRichard Dennis,Deryck Holdworth
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.