Geography of Loss: Embrace What is, Honor What Was, Love What Will be by Patti Digh (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $43.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis extraordinary book is borne of loss: the loss of love, of certainty and assuredness, of kwing where we are or who we are, of beauty and youth, of health, of life itself, of privacy, and of roles and of kwing.When someone or something we love leaves us, we suddenly walk alone into new territory without them. We become strangers in new lands, places where the landscape is unalterably changed, where the center of gravity has somehow faltered and become weak, making us feel as if we might fall off the surface of the earth. Sometimes, that moment of loss defines the rest of our lives, becoming a center to our compass forever. This unique book is a guidebook, an atlas of those experiences of loss and grief, a map for living through and into change and impermanence, to moving on anew. You are the navigator through the three main sections: Embrace what is: walk into your new landscapeHor what was: be grateful for your old landscapeLove what will be: live into your future landscapeIllustrated throughout with art submitted from around the world, this book is an atlas of experience, utilizing map imagery and the richly metaphoric, evocative, and functional language of geography to help you place yourself on your own journey, to find your way through helpful exercises and an empathetic, expert guide.
- Author BiographyPatti Digh is the bestselling author of Life is a Verb: 37 days to Wake Up, Be Mindful and Live Intentionally. Based on her popular blog, 37days.com, Life is a Verb contains stories Patti was called to share following the death of her stepfather just 37 days after he was diagnosed with cancer. Patti is a Southern-born master storyteller whose tales are full of humor, poignancy, surprise, pain, and knowing. Through her writing, teaching, speaking and retreats, Patti's focus is on helping others open space in their lives in order to love well, live fully, let go deeply, and make a difference. Patti is also the author of three other books: Creative Is a Verb, Four-Word Self-Help and What I Wish for You. She and her family live (intentionally) in beautiful Asheville, North Carolina. Visit her at PattiDigh.com.She says I'm a writer, a speaker, and a mom. My work opens space for people to say a big YES to their lives--before it's too late. I'm about living like you're dying, because you are. Each moment is precious, and magic. It's hard to remember that when the laundry piles up and the dishes need washing, I know. My job is to remind you, through my writing, teaching, and speaking, that those ordinary things are your life--and to see what is extraordinary in them. To help you tell a story with your life that you'll love and be proud of at the end of it.
- Author(s)Patti Digh
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication20/01/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Weight53 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.