All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates geological CO2 storage and its role in greenhouse gas emissions reduction, enhanced oil recovery, and environmentally responsible use of fossil fuels. Written for energy/environmental regulators at every level of government (federal, state, etc.), scientists/academics, representatives from the power and fossil energy sectors, NGOs, and other interested parties, this book uses the characterization of the Rock Springs Uplift site in Wyoming as an integrated case study to illustrate the application of geological CO2 storage science, principles, and theory in a real-world scenario.
- Author BiographyRonald C. Surdam has authored 240 articles in refereed scientific journals and books and has given more than 300 invited lectures. He founded and directed the Institute for Energy Research and directed the Enhanced Oil Recovery Institute at the University of Wyoming, and has consulted for many international energy and mineral exploration corporations. Over the past 45 years, Surdam has focused on oil and gas exploration, oil shale and trona depositional systems, coal and zeolite deposits in the Rocky Mountain Laramide basins of Wyoming and other states, and anomalously pressured natural gas accumulations and geological CO2 storage around the world. He has served the State of Wyoming in numerous capacities, most recently as Director of the Wyoming State Geological Survey. Currently, as Director of the University of Wyoming Carbon Management Institute and Principal Investigator of the Wyoming Carbon Underground Storage Project ($20 million), Surdam is helping lead the effort to accomplish commercial geological CO2 sequestration in the Rocky Mountain region. As a visiting professor at three Chinese universities, he is also assisting with carbon storage in the Shaanxi and Shanxi provinces of China.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/12/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleSpringer Environmental Science and Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 111 colour illustrations, 23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight643 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byRonald C. Surdam,Shauna Bury
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.