All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUtah's landscape is among the most spectacular in the world. It is a region of prominent peaks, sweeping valleys, dramatic canyons, and plateaus rimmed by sheer cliffs. Unique among western states, Utah's landscape includes the Colorado Plateau, Basin and Range, and Rocky Mountains geologic provinces. Exposed rocks tell the geologic story of the region's basement structures, overlying surface features, and rock sequences that have contributed to sculpting the appearance of today's landscape. Rocks and formations record the evolution of the western part of the North American continent, and give clues to the nature of ancient crustal basement and Earth's deeper layers. Climate change has shaped the present landscape through the erosional power of ancient glaciers and the presence of today's large lakes and basins. Geology of Utah introduces the state's deep earth, plate tectonics, and the development of its ancient mountains. It describes the geology of the three main geological provinces, ancient elevations, cliffs, valleys, and the history of the region's climate. This book will enrich the experience of enthusiastic amateur geologists who want to understand and explore the development of Utah's highlands and the history of this dynamic landscape.
- Author(s)William T Parry
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight792 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.