All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigning an efficient drilling program is a key step for the development of an oil or gas field. Geomechanics, which considers all thermohydromechanical phemena involved in rock behavior, plays an important role in every operation involved in the exploitation of hydrocarbons, from drilling to production, and in CO2 geological storage operations as well. This book offers an overview of applications of geomechanics to the petroleum industry. It presents the fundamentals of rock mechanics and describes the methods used to characterize rocks in the laboratory and the modeling of their mechanical behavior. It gives elements of numerical geomechanical modeling at the site scale and demonstrates the role of geomechanics in the optimization of drilling and production and encompasses drillability, wellbore stability, sand production, and hydraulic fracturing. It also shows how seismic monitoring and geomechanical modeling of reservoirs can help optimize production or check cap rock integrity. This book will be of interest to all engineers involved in oil field development and petroleum engineering students, whether drillers or producers.
- Author BiographyJean-Francois Nauroy is research engineer at IFP Energies nouvelles (since 1977) in the field of soil and rocks mechanics. He is a geophysicist engineer from IFP School and holds a PhD in soil mechanics from the Paris VI University (Pierre et Marie Curie).
- Author(s)Jean-Francois Nauroy
- PublisherEditions Technip
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEditions Technip
- Weight386 g
- Width168 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.