All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe first of two volumes on anabelian algebraic geometry, this book contains the famous manuscript Esquisse d'un Programme (Sketch of a Program) by Alexander Grothendieck. This work, written fourteen years after his retirement from public life in mathematics, includes the closely related letter to Gerd Faltings, published for the first time in this volume. Together these documents describe a powerful program of future mathematics, unifying aspects of geometry and arithmetic via the central point of moduli spaces of curves. The book is written in an artistic and informal style. It contains several articles on subjects directly related to the ideas explored in the manuscripts, including surveys of mathematics due to Grothendieck, explanations of points raised in the Esquisse, and surveys on progress in the domains described there.
- Author(s)Alexander Grothendieck
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/07/1997
- LanguageEnglish, German, French
- Series TitleLondon Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.242
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus.
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byLeila Schneps,Pierre Lochak
- Series Edited byN. J. Hitchin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.