Geometric Optimal Control: Theory, Methods and Examples by Heinz Schattler, Urszula Ledzewicz (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $133.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $178.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives a comprehensive treatment of the fundamental necessary and sufficient conditions for optimality for finite-dimensional, deterministic, optimal control problems. The emphasis is on the geometric aspects of the theory and on illustrating how these methods can be used to solve optimal control problems. It provides tools and techniques that go well beyond standard procedures and can be used to obtain a full understanding of the global structure of solutions for the underlying problem. The text includes a large number and variety of fully worked out examples that range from the classical problem of minimum surfaces of revolution to cancer treatment for vel therapy approaches. All these examples, in one way or the other, illustrate the power of geometric techniques and methods. The versatile text contains material on different levels ranging from the introductory and elementary to the advanced. Parts of the text can be viewed as a comprehensive textbook for both advanced undergraduate and all level graduate courses on optimal control in both mathematics and engineering departments. The text moves smoothly from the more introductory topics to those parts that are in a mograph style were advanced topics are presented. While the presentation is mathematically rigorous, it is carried out in a tutorial style that makes the text accessible to a wide audience of researchers and students from various fields, including the mathematical sciences and engineering. Heinz Schattler is an Associate Professor at Washington University in St. Louis in the Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering, Urszula Ledzewicz is a Distinguished Research Professor at Southern Illiis University Edwardsville in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
- Author BiographyUrszula Ledzewicz is a Distinguished Research Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Southern Illinois University. Heinz Schaettler is an Associate Professor at Washington University.
- Author(s)Heinz Schattler,Urszula Ledzewicz
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleInterdisciplinary Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number38
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight997 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.