All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses how to design good geometric puzzles: two-dimensional dissection puzzles, polyhedral dissections, and burrs. It outlines major categories of geometric puzzles and provides examples, sometimes going into the history and philosophy of those examples. The author presents challenges and thoughtful questions, as well as practical design and woodworking tips to encourage the reader to build his own puzzles and experiment with his own designs. Aesthetics, phychology, and mathematical considerations all factor into the definition of the quality of a puzzle.
- Author BiographyStewart Coffin has been designing intriguing geometrical puzzles and making them in his workshop for the past 35 years, creating more than 140 original designs. The craftsmanship and originality of their designs have won him a devoted following among puzzle enthusiasts and collectors throughout the world.
- Author(s)Stewart T. Coffin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/12/2006
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.