Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionAimed at graduate students in physics and mathematics, this book provides an introduction to recent developments in several active topics at the interface between algebra, geometry, topology and quantum field theory. The first part of the book begins with an account of important results in geometric topology. It investigates the differential equation aspects of quantum cohomology, before moving on to ncommutative geometry. This is followed by a further exploration of quantum field theory and gauge theory, describing AdS/CFT correspondence, and the functional rermalization group approach to quantum gravity. The second part covers a wide spectrum of topics on the borderline of mathematics and physics, ranging from orbifolds to quantum indistinguishability and involving a manifold of mathematical tools borrowed from geometry, algebra and analysis. Each chapter presents introductory material before moving on to more advanced results. The chapters are self-contained and can be read independently of the rest.
- Author BiographyHernan Ocampo is a Professor of Theoretical Physics at the University del Valle, Colombia. Eddy Pariguan is an Associate Professor in Mathematics at the University La Javeriana, Colombia. Sylvie Paycha is a Professor of Mathematics at the University Blaise Pascal, France.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/04/2010
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note34 b/w illus.
- Weight1010 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byEddy Pariguan,Hernan Ocampo,Sylvie Paycha
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.