All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume collects contributions written by different experts in hor of Prof. Jaime Muz Masque. It covers a wide variety of research topics, from differential geometry to algebra, but particularly focuses on the geometric formulation of variational calculus; geometric mechanics and field theories; symmetries and conservation laws of differential equations, and pseudo-Riemannian geometry of homogeneous spaces. It also discusses algebraic applications to cryptography and number theory. It offers state-of-the-art contributions in the context of current research trends. The final result is a challenging paramic view of connecting problems that initially appear distant.
- Author BiographyProf. Marco Castrillon Lopez read Mathematics and Physics in Madrid. He is currently Profesor Titular at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, where he also received his Ph.D. in Mathematics. He was a postdoc at Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (Switzerland), and Faculty Visitor at Caltech (Pasadena, USA), PIMS (Vancouver, Canada), Imperial College (London, UK), TATA Institute (Mumbay, India) and PUC (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil). His research work mainly focuses on geometric variational calculus, gauge theories and Riemannian geometry with applications to relativity, classical field theories and other topics in theoretical physics. His has over 50 publications and books to his name. Prof. Pedro M. Gadea taught at the Universities of Santiago de Compostela and Valladolid in Spain. He is now a scientific researcher at the Instituto de Fisica Fundamental, CSIC, Madrid, Spain. He has published almost seventy research papers on several topics of differential geometry and algebraic topology. He has also been the advisor for four Ph.D. theses. His current interests are Differential Geometry, more specifically in homogeneous spin Riemannian manifolds and Ricci-flat invariant Kahler structures. L. Hernandez Encinas graduated in Mathematics at the University of Salamanca (Spain) in 1980, and received his Ph.D. in Mathematics at the same university in 1992. He is a researcher at the Department of Information Processing and Cryptography (TIC) at the Institute of Physical and Information Technologies (ITEFI), Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) in Madrid. He has participated in more than 30 research projects. He is author of 9 books, 9 patents, more than 150 papers, and over 100 contributions to workshops and conferences. He has also supervised several doctoral theses. His current research interests include cryptography and cryptanalysis of public key cryptosystems, digital signature schemes, authentication and identification protocols, crypto-biometry, side channel attacks, and number theory problems. M. Eugenia Rosado Maria graduated in Mathematics at the University Complutense de Madrid, and obtained her Ph.D. in Mathematics at the same university. She taught at the Universities Autonoma de Madrid, Spain and currently teaches at the Universidad Politecnica de Madrid. She has published around 20 papers on several topics in differential geometry. Her research interests are in geometrical variational calculus, geometric methods in differential equations, differential invariants and other topics in differential geometry.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleSpringer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics
- Series Part/Volume Number161
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight485 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byLuis Hernandez Encinas,M Rosado Maria,Marco Castrillon Lopez,Pedro Martinez Gadea
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.