All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe ICM 2010 satellite conference 'Geometry, Topology and Dynamics in Negative Curvature' afforded an excellent opportunity to discuss various aspects of this fascinating interdisciplinary subject in which methods and techniques from geometry, topology, and dynamics often interact in vel and interesting ways. Containing ten survey articles written by some of the leading experts in the field, this proceedings volume provides an overview of important recent developments relating to negative curvature. Topics covered include homogeneous dynamics, harmonic manifolds, the Atiyah Conjecture, counting circles and arcs, and hyperbolic buildings. Each author pays particular attention to the expository aspects, making the book particularly useful for graduate students and mathematicians interested in transitioning from other areas via the common theme of negative curvature.
- Author BiographyC. S. Aravinda is an Associate Professor in the TIFR Centre for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore. His main research interests are the study of manifolds of non-positive curvature, with special focus on their dynamic, geometric and topological aspects. F. T. Farrell is a Professor in the Mathematics Department and Yau Mathematical Sciences Center at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. His research area is manifold topology. J.-F. Lafont is a Professor in the Mathematics Department at Ohio State University. He studies the geometry, topology, and dynamics of spaces of negative curvature.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/01/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLondon Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series
- Series Part/Volume Number425
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note25 b/w illus.
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byC. S. Aravinda,F. Thomas Farrell,J. -F. Lafont
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.