All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains a selection of papers based on presentations given at the S. P. Novikov seminar held at the Steklov Mathematical Institute in Moscow. The topics and speakers were chosen by the well-kwn expert, S. P. Novikov, one of the leading mathematicians of the twentieth century. His diverse interests are the tradition of the seminar and are reflected in the topics presented in the book. The book begins with Novikov's paper analyzing the position of mathematics and theoretical physics at the beginning of the new millennium. Following is an interview with Novikov published in the Newsletter of the European Mathematical Society presenting the genesis of many of his ideas and his scientific school. The remaining articles address topics in geometry, topology, and mathematical physics. The volume is suitable for graduate students and researchers interested in the corresponding areas of mathematics and physics.
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication15/05/2004
- Series TitleAmerican Mathematical Society Translations
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 212
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 port.
- Weight822 g
- Edited byI. M. Krichever,V. M. Buchstaber
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.