Geometry and Atmosphere: Theatre Buildings from Vision to Reality by Giorgos Artopoulos, C. Alan Short, Dr. Alistair Fair, Peter Barrett, Monty Sutrisna (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $156.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $103.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on detailed design, construction and financial histories of six prominent Performing Arts buildings with budgets ranging from AGBP3.4 million to over AGBP100 million, Geometry and Atmosphere presents unique and valuable insights into the complex process of building for the arts. Each theatre project, from tailor-made spaces for avant-garde companies to iconic and invative receiving houses, yields surprising and counter-intuitive findings. For each of the six projects, the authors have interviewed all those involved. Combining these interviews with exhaustive archival research, the authors then provide cross-case analysis which is distilled into guidance for all stakeholders as they transform their initial vision into built reality. In particular, the book challenges the technical focus of existing design guides for the Performing Arts by suggesting that current practice in briefing and design does t serve the Arts community especially well. It shows that there is a need for an approach in which the focus is firmly rooted in the delivery of the driving artistic vision. As well as being of interest to architects, urban designers and those involved in theatre studies, this book will be useful to other sectors where public money is spent on major building projects.
- Author BiographyAlan Short is Head of the Department of Architecture at the University of Cambridge, UK and is also the Principle of Short & Associates architectural practice. Peter Barrett is Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Studies at the University of Salford, UK. He is also Chairman of SCRI and an active member of the International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction. Alistair Fair is a Chancellor's Fellow in the School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture at the University of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)C. Alan Short,Dr. Alistair Fair,Giorgos Artopoulos,Monty Sutrisna,Peter Barrett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 16 colour and 196 b&w illustrations
- Weight1118 g
- Width240 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.