All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe papers in this volume are mainly from the 2013 Midwest Geometry Conference, held October 19, 2013, at Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, and partly from the 2012 Midwest Geometry Conference, held May 12-13, 2012, at the University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK. The papers cover recent results on geometry and topology of submanifolds. On the topology side, topics include Plateau problems, Voevodsky's motivic cohomology, Reidemeister zeta function and systolic inequality, and freedom in 2- and 3-dimensional manifolds. On the geometry side, the authors discuss classifying isoparametric hypersurfaces and review Hartogs triangle, finite volume flows, nexistence of stable $p$-currents, and a generalized Bernstein type problem. The authors also show that the interaction between topology and geometry is a key to deeply understanding topological invariants and the geometric problems.
- Author BiographyWeiping Li, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, People's Republic of China, and Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, USA. Shihshu Walter Wei, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, USA.
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- Series TitleContemporary Mathematics
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byShihshu Walter Wei,Weiping Li
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.