All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionEngineering drawing is the instrument of communication upon which the designer must place all information necessary to define a new product. Computer-aided design (CAD) courses often involve teaching solid modelling software, and we view CAD as an engineering communication tool for manufacturing. As the techlogy of engineering design is in transition from paper drawings to solid models, its education must address the challenge of covering both techlogies. Geometry of design integrates drafting techlogy based on experience with engineering design education. This workbook has evolved from the course Computer-Aided Graphics and Design at the University of Florida, and many pages of this textbook can be used for student assignments. In order to help students to familiarize themselves with the manufacturing field experience, most assignments are to be submitted in the form of complete working drawings of the parts and assembly. The first three chapters introduce basic engineering drawing definitions and practices. The following four chapters cover design and descriptive geometry, and subsequent chapters move on to dimensions, assembly line design and surface development.
- Author BiographyNam-Ho Kim is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Florida, USA. Harold F. Snider is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Florida, USA.
- Author(s)Ashok V. Kumar,Harold F. Snider,Nam-Ho Kim
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication15/11/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1310 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.