All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book provides a valuable guide to the evaluation and understanding of ground and environmental conditions of sites and their surrounds. This is done through a series of antated block models and supporting photographs of common geological and geomorphological situations around the world, with basic text explanations and information on each principal block diagram and its antated photographs. Ground conditions depend on the climatic, geological and geomorphological history of the site and its surrounding area. In ground investigation, ground engineering, design and construction, a preliminary study of the local environment (including climate), the landforms and the geomorphological processes creating and modifying the local landscape is thus required, as well as informed detailed kwledge of the soils and geology, their distribution, properties and engineering behaviour. Geomodels in Engineering Geology outlines the world's climatic and morphological zones and the changes such environments bring upon the ground.It deals with fundamental aspects of surface soils and geology in relation to their engineering behavior and guides the way that ground investigation can be developed to provide appropriate information needed for design and construction of a project - augmented by case histories and experience of practical problems.
- Author(s)Geoff Pettifer,Peter Fookes,Tony Waltham
- PublisherWhittles Publishing
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCaithness
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhittles Publishing
- Content Notecolour throughout, 41 block models and maps, over 370 photographs
- Width297 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.