Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains the results of a 9 year (1995-2004) investigation of the Canary Islands Exclusive Ecomic Zone, using state of the art techlogy. The main result areas are: a multibeam survey demonstrating the magnitude of catastrophic failures of the Canary Islands; a comparison of the morphology of the Canary Islands with Hawaii; the significance of hydrothermal activity in the Canary Channel associated with Mesozoic salt diapirs; an analysis of the morphology and structure of the offshore extension of the Anaga massif in Tenerife island; and a detailed description of the archipelago gravity field and magnetic field of the Canary Islands. All in all the wealth of new data and ideas presented in this collection of papers has rarely been equaled in an investigation of an oceanic island group.
- Author BiographyJuan Acosta is the main researcher for the project of which the results are presented in this book. Peter Clift has done his research and teaching at MIT, WHOI, and is currently affiliated with the University of Aberdeen. He has served and is currently Editor for several journals, amongst others Marine Geophysical Researches.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/09/2005
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight599 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJuan Acosta-Yepes,Peter Clift
- Edition StatementReprinted from Marine Geophysical Researches, Vol. 24, Nos 1-2
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.