All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeopolitical Ecomy radically reinterprets the historical evolution of the world order, as a multi-polar world emerges from the dust of the financial and ecomic crisis. Radhika Desai offers a radical critique of the theories of US hegemony, globalisation and empire which dominate academic international political ecomy and international relations, revealing their ideological origins in successive failed US attempts at world dominance through the dollar. Desai revitalizes revolutionary intellectual traditions which combine class and national perspectives on 'the relations of producing nations'. At a time of global upheavals and profound shifts in the distribution of world power, Geopolitical Ecomy forges a vivid and compelling account of the historical processes which are shaping the contemporary international order.
- Author BiographyRadhika Desai is Professor of Political Studies at the University of Manitoba, Canada. She is the author of Slouching Towards Ayodhya: From Congress to Hindutva in Indian Politics (2004), Intellectuals and Socialism: 'Social Democrats' and the Labour Party (1994), editor of Developmental and Cultural Nationalisms (2009) and co-editor of Revitalizing Marxist Theory for Today's Capitalism (2011).
- Author(s)Radhika Desai
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication06/02/2013
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleThe Future of World Capitalism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight422 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.