All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAn elementary school dropout, George Burns went on to become one of America's most beloved entertainers. This book covers a neglected part of his career--his work as a television producer. Burns was t only a behind-the-scenes producer, but also filled the role of producer in various comedies in which he starred. Though his forte was situation comedies, Burns' company, McCadden Productions, also produced dramatic anthology series and pilots, including a pilot considered to be a precursor to the popular TV series Mission: Impossible. This book focuses on Burns' wide variety of production efforts, and follows his involvement in television productions from his 1950 comedy series with his wife, Gracie Allen, through his participation in the fantasy sitcom Mister Ed, and finally to his last producer credit in 1981, I Love Her Anyway, a remake of The Burns and Allen Show.
- Author BiographyRichard Irvin is a self-described documentarian of television history. He lives in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Richard Irvin
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.