Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the 18th century's greatest composers, Handel achieved lasting fame in many musical genres. Regarded as the greatest opera composer of his time, the composer later devoted his attention almost exclusively to writing sacred music and is today rewned for his magnificent oratorios. This exceptional compilation includes 40 of his works for high voice and pia, selected from 25 of his masterpieces: Messiah, Judas Maccabaeus, Samson, Acis and Galatea, Esther, Serse, Saul, and 18 others.Among the much-loved songs and airs included here are Ev'ry valley shall be exalted and I kw that my Redeemer liveth (Messiah); From mighty kings (Judas Maccabaeus); Farewell, ye limpid springs and floods (Jephtha); O come let us worship (Chandos Anthems);O sleep, why dost thou leave me (Semele); and many others. This convenient, affordable collection also contains an introduction by ted musicologist Ebenezer Prout, offering valuable commentary about each selection.Reproduced from an authoritative edition, these songs will be a welcomed addition to the libraries of singers, musicians, and music lovers.
- Author(s)George Frideric Handel
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication17/10/2001
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight590 g
- Width222 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byEbenezer Prout
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.