All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the world's most influential and prolific media scholars, George Gerbner played a major role in the development of communication theory and research. His critical approach to mass communication changed the way we think about media industries, the messages and images they produce, and their social and cultural impacts. Gerbner is most widely kwn for his decades of work on television violence, but his research and writing focused on many other vital aspects of the symbolic cultural environment. This book provides a broad-based introduction to Gerbner's theories of mass communication, his long-term research on media content and effects, and the critical and policy contributions of his work. Although hundreds of studies have been conducted based on Gerbner's ideas, this is the first volume to provide a concise and comprehensive overview of his many contributions to the field.
- Author BiographyMichael Morgan (PhD University of Pennsylvania, 1980) is a Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. He has authored or co-authored over 100 national and international scholarly articles and book chapters (many of them with George Gerbner) on the effects of television on images of violence, sex-roles, aging, health, science, academic achievement, political orientations, the family, and other issues. He is the editor of Against the Mainstream: The Selected Works of George Gerbner (Peter Lang, 2002).
- Author(s)Michael Morgan
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note99, ill.
- Weight380 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.