All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on George Harrison's personal archive of photographs, letters, diaries, and memorabilia, Olivia Harrison reveals the arc of his life, from his guitar-obsessed boyhood in Liverpool, to the astonishment of the Beatles years, to his days as an independent musician and bohemian squire. Here too is the record of Harrison's lifelong commitment to Indian music, and his adventures as a movie producer, Travelling Wilbury, and Formula One racing fan. This book is filled with stories and reminiscences from Harrison's friends, including Eric Clapton, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idol, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and many, many others. Among its previously unpublished riches are photographs by Harrison himself beginning in the mid-1960s. It is a rich tribute to a man who died far too young, but who touched the lives of millions.
- Author BiographyOlivia Harrison is a producer and philanthropist. She has received a Grammy Award for her video of the 2002 Concert for George, which she organized to benefit the Material World Charitable Foundation in memory of her husband, George Harrison; and a UNICEF Spirit of Compassion Award in recognition of her family's assistance to the children of Bangladesh. Mark Holborn is a distinguished editor of illustrated books, who has worked with numerous photographers and artists, from Annie Leibovitz to Lucian Freud.
- Author(s)Olivia Harrison
- Date of Publication03/10/2011
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note260 photographs
- Weight2018 g
- Width241 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.