All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Herbert (1593-1633) is widely regarded as the greatest devotional poet in the English language. His profound influence can be seen in the lasting popularity of his verse. This selection of one hundred lyric poems by Herbert is designed for readers to enjoy the beauty, spirituality, accessibility and humanity of his best verse. Each poem uses the authoritative text from the acclaimed Cambridge edition of Herbert's poems, presenting them in their original spelling in a clear and elegant format. The selection includes such well-loved lyric verses as 'Love bade me welcome', 'Let all the world in ev'ry corner sing', 'I struck the board and cry'd, No more' and 'Sweet day, so cool, so calm, so bright'. A preface by Helen Wilcox, editor of the Cambridge edition, celebrates the key features of Herbert's poetry for a new generation of readers.
- Author BiographyHelen Wilcox is Professor of English Literature at Bangor University. She is the editor of the critically acclaimed edition of The English Poems of George Herbert, published by Cambridge University Press in 2007.
- Author(s)George Herbert
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight300 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byHelen Wilcox
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.