All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents over 200 cartoons lampooning the larger-than-life King George IV (r.1821-1830), combined with a text (in 19 chapters) by Kenneth Baker, who brings his own extensive political experience to his discussion of George. Baker sets George in the context of his personal and political life, and reveals his passion for collecting works of art and his interest in architecture and design. A final chapter discusses George's relations with the press.
- Author BiographyKenneth Baker (The Rt. Hon. Lord Baker of Dorking) was Home Secretary from 1990-1992. Among his many books are The Prime Minister: An Irreverent Political History in Cartoons and The Kings and Queens: An Irreverent Cartoon History of the British Monarchy.
- Author(s)Lord Kenneth Baker
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2005
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note211 illustrations, 206 in colour
- Weight1380 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.