All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge MacDonald (1824-1905) was born in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Briefly a clergyman, then a professor of English literature at Bedford and King's College in London, he was a popular lecturer and published poetry, stories, vels, and fairy tales. In this collection selected by C. S. Lewis, we are offered 365 selections from MacDonald's inspiring and useful writings. C. S. Lewis wrote the following about George Macdonald, I kw hardly any other writer who seems to be closer, or more continually close, to the Spirit of Christ Himself! Lewis offers 365 selections from MacDonald's work, ranging from Inexorable Love to The Torment of Death. These wise words will instruct, uplift, and provide indispensable help toward the very acceptance of Christian faith.
- Author BiographyC. S. Lewis (1898-1963) was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably the most influential Christian writer of his day. He was a Fellow and Tutor in English literature at Oxford University until 1954 when he was unanimously elected to the Chair of Medieval and Renaissance English at Cambridge University, a position he held until his retirement. His major contributions in literary criticism, children's literature, fantasy literature, and popular theology brought him international renown and acclaim. He wrote more than thirty books, allowing him to reach a vast audience, and his works continue to attract thousands of new readers every year. His most distinguished and popular accomplishments include The Chronicles of Narnia, Out of the Silent Planet, The Four Loves, The Screwtape Letters, and Mere Christianity.
- Author(s)George MacDonald
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleCollected Letters of C.S. Lewis
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 14
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight170 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byC. S. Lewis
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 16 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.