All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeth's graphic vel tells the story of George Sprott, the host of a long-running and unaccountably popular Canadian television programme, Northern Hi-Lights, in which he shows old films of the Arctic, while 'rambling on in a motone voice about Eskimos or seal hunts or swstorms' and often falling asleep on-air. On the surface George seems a charming, foolish, old man, but as we come to kw him, piece by piece, in a series of'interviews', flashbacks and personal reminiscences a more complex picture emerges. Ather small masterpiece by the author of It's a Good Life If You Don't Weaken and Wimbledon Green, George Sprott is a story about time, identity, loss and the persistence of memory. It's beautifully drawn and often very funny.
- Author BiographySETH's books include Clyde Fans, It's a Good Life if You Don't Weaken and Wimbledon Green. He lives in Guelph, Ontario, with his wife and two cats.
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication13/05/2010
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations (some col.)
- Weight590 g
- Width244 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.75Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.13Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.