All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.14
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough George Stubbs is best kwn for his images of hounds and horses charging round the British countryside, the painter was also an avid student of the broader animal world. Among his subjects were zebras, cheetahs, and moose, which he drew from life in the exotic menageries where they were kept. This volume features gorgeous colour reproductions of paintings that highlight the painter's genius for combining realism and lyricism. It includes numerous drawings and prints - among them the exceptional studies for his The Anatomy of the Horse series. Informative essays discuss Stubbs' superb aesthetic sensibility, his far-reaching scientific studies, and his place in the pantheon of eighteenth-century European painters.
- Author BiographyHerbert W. Rott is Curator of nineteenth-century art at Bayerische Staatsgemaldesammlungen Munich.
- Date of Publication27/02/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Out-of-print date13/12/2016
- Content Note150
- Weight1719 g
- Width260 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBayerische Staatsgemaldesammlungen,Herbert W. Rott
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.