All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn George Tsypin Opera Factory: Invisible City, Tsypin introduces his designs for twenty productions--including musicals West Side Story, The Little Mermaid and Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark; operas Oedipus Rex, The Fiery Angel and the Ring Cycle; the opening ceremony of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi; Cirque du Soleil's Oasis; and a carousel of undersea creatures for Battery Park. Tsypin uses each project as a starting point to meditate on creativity and the fleeting nature of performance.
- Author BiographyGeorge Tsypin was born in Kazakhstan. He studied architecture in Moscow and theater design in New York.Tsypin has worked for many years with renowned directors and composers, such as Julie Taymor, Peter Sellars, Francesca Zambello, Pierre Audi, Jurgen Flimm, Philip Glass, John Adams, Kaija Saariaho and Andrey Konchalovsky. He has a longstanding creative association with the conductor Valery Gergiev. Tsypin has won many awards, including the International Competition of New and Spontaneous Ideas for the Theater for Future Generations at Georges Pompidou Center in Paris.
- Author(s)George Tsypin
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Note167 color / 20 b+w
- Weight1610 g
- Width305 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword bySvetlana Boym
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.