All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $19.45Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1930's, Americo Paredes, the rewned folklorist, wrote a vel set to the background of the struggles by Texas Mexicans to preserve their property, culture, and identity in the face of Anglo-American migration to and growing dominance over the Rio Grande Valley. For his epic vel Paredes chose the title that is as ironic as the protagonist's development under the pressures of cultural and political clashes. Episodes of guerrilla warfare, land grabs, racism, jingoism and abuses by the Texas Rangers make this an adventure vel as well as one of reflection on the making of modern day Texas. George Washington Gomez is a true precursor of the modern Chica vel.
- Author(s)Americo Paredes
- PublisherArte Publico Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/1993
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHouston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArte Publico Press,U.S.
- Weight386 g
- Width135 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.