All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative gift book allows kids to peek into the mind of George Washington and the more than 100 lessons by which he lived his life. Modern translations and hilarious caricature illustrations provide a lighthearted and fun way to learn about history and good manners at the same time. Featuring the Rules of Civility that George Washington learned when he was a child, this book focuses on 50 of George's maxims, ranging from table manners to polite conversation to being a good citizen. Because the Rules of Civility are centuries old, this book also includes translations of the rules into contemporary and witty kid-friendly explanations that any young reader can relate to. Paired with laugh-out-loud illustrations, this book is a sure-fire guide to amazing etiquette.
- Author BiographyAward-winning author KAREN KOSTYAL has written nearly twenty adult and children's titles on human history and natural history, prehistory and geologic history, music, world cultures, and wars. Her most recent works include Christmas in Williamsburg and 1776: A New Look at Revolutionary Williamsburg, both children's books published jointly by National Geographic and Colonial Williamsburg. She has also written Great Migrations, the companion book to the National Geographic Channel's acclaimed series on animal migration; Abraham Lincoln's Extraordinary Era, the official Lincoln birth bicentennial book of the Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum; Lost Boy, Lost Girl Escaping Civil War in Sudan, co-authored for a National Geographic young adult memoir series; and photographer Flip Nicklin's memoir, Among Giants: A Life With Whales. She has also collaborated with Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart on Songcatchers: In Search of the World's Music and written Stonewall Jackson: A Life Portrait and Art of the State of Virginia.
- Author(s)K M Kostyal
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication15/01/2014
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Fred Harper
- Foreword byLizzie Post
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.63Trending at AU $35.61
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $52.57
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $47.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.