All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the eighteenth century the city of Bath experienced a period of dramatic expansion, when an extensive range of elegant uniform streets, landscaped spaces, tall stone-built Georgian houses, and public buildings made their appearance. There was master plan for the development of Bath. The city just expanded piecemeal with various developers taking advantage of the city's growing popularity as a spa and resort. Nevertheless, such was the extent and success of these developments that today Bath ranks as a masterpiece of urban creative design, both at national and international level. Georgian Bath offers an overview of the development of the Georgian city, its beginnings, its emergence, the eighteenth-century social conditions in the city that underpinned its success, and the significance of its architectural legacy. In addition, the individuals who were responsible for the creation of Georgian Bath are introduced, together with an outline of the ecomic and stylistic forces that drove and inspired them. The book is supported by photographs, illustrations and maps. In addition, three suggested walking tours are offered.
- Author BiographyPat Dargan has been an architect and planner for twenty years. He recently retired as a lecturer at the Dublin Institute of Technology. He lives between County Wicklow in Ireland and London.
- Author(s)Pat Dargan
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note73, 54 colour illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.