CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: Books a la Carte are unbound, three-hole-punch versions of the textbook. This lower cost option is easy to transport and comes with same access code or media that would be packaged with the bound book. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Among the most highly regarded in physical geography, Robert Christopherson's bestselling texts are kwn for their meticulous attention to detail, currency, accuracy, and rich integration of climate change science. Geosystems: An Introduction to Physical Geography, Ninth Edition is uniquely organized to present Earth systems topics as they naturally occur: atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere and biosphere. This interconnected and organic systems-based approach is highlighted in the strong pedagogical tools, structured learning path, and up-to-date information found in the text. This new edition presents bold new features that cultivate an active learning environment both in and outside the classroom.The Ninth Edition is available with MasteringGeography(TM), the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system for the sciences. This program will provide an interactive and engaging learning experience for you. Here's how:
- Personalize learning with MasteringGeography: MasteringGeography provides students with engaging and interactive experiences that coach them through introductory physical geography with specific wrong-answer feedback, hints, and a wide variety of educationally effective content.
- Leverage strong pedagogical tools and a structured active learning path: The text reinforces central hallmark physical geography themes of Earth systems, human-Earth relations, and global climate change by providing a consistent framework for mastering chapter concepts.
- Teach with current and relevant content. An emphasis on currency provides you with compelling reasons for learning physical geography.
- Author BiographyRobert W. Christopherson is Professor Emeritus of Geography, having taught 30 years at American River College, and is the author of the leading physical geography texts in the US and Canada. He attended Cal State University-Chico, and Miami University, Oxford, Ohio. His first textbook was published in 1992. His textbooks have received several national textbook awards. Also, he was recognized for excellence in teaching with the 1999 Distinguished Teaching Achievement Award from the National Council for Geographic Education and the Outstanding Educator Award from the California Geographical Society. He was selected by American River College students as Teacher of the Year and received the ARC Patrons Award for teaching. In 2009 he was elected to the Textbook and Authors Association prestigious Council of Fellows. He has spoken across the US and Canada to hundreds of colleges, groups, and at professional meetings. Robert was a key member of the Editorial Board for Goode's World Atlas, 22/E, published by Rand McNally. Robert and his nature photographer wife, Bobbe Christopherson, completed eleven scientific expeditions to the Arctic and Antarctic regions since 2003. They returned May 2 from Antarctica and an expedition northward across the Atlantic Ocean to Cape Verde Islands off the coast of Africa. On these trips they gather materials for Christopherson's physical geography textbooks.
- Author(s)Robert W Christopherson
- Date of Publication11/05/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1429 g
- Width208 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book
- Edition Statement9th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.