Geothermal Energy: Renewable Energy and the Environment, Second Edition by William E. Glassley (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $212.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $243.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn In-Depth Introduction to Geothermal Energy Addressing significant changes in the energy markets since the first edition, Geothermal Energy: Renewable Energy and the Environment, Second Edition expounds on the geothermal industry, exploring the expansion, growth, and development of geothermal systems. This text covers every area of geothermal energy, including environmental and ecomic issues, and techlogical advancements. Considers the Vast Techlogical Achievements within the Geothermal Industry Factoring in new concepts for distributed generation, hybrid techlogies, and the development of Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS), the book incorporates real-world examples designed to illustrate the key aspects of chapter topics. It provides case studies in nearly every chapter, and includes examples from the U.S., Iceland, France, and Japan. * Contains comprehensive, quantitative, and rigorous treatment of the geology, geochemistry, and geophysics of geothermal resources, and how they impact exploration, resource assessment, and operations * Provides a state-of-the-art description of current Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS) * Presents an objective description of the most recent ecomic comparisons including all energy resources * Covers environmental issues of energy use and quantitative descriptions of the relative impacts of all renewable and n-renewable energy resources * Describes geothermal resources from a global perspective, including direct use and geothermal heat pump applications, as well as power production Geothermal Energy: Renewable Energy and the Environment, Second Edition can be used for undergraduate coursework; as a reference for designers, planners, engineers, and architects; and as a source of background material for policymakers, investors, and regulators.
- Author BiographyWilliam Glassley is the executive director of the California Geothermal Energy Collaborative. He has more than 30 years' experience in R&D in the earth sciences. The focus of his research has been in areas related to geothermal processes. He has held faculty appointments at several academic institutions. He was on the staff of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory for more than 20 years. He currently is with the University of California. The author of more than 50 research articles in international journals, he has also participated on numerous national and international panels and working groups, and holds a doctorate in geochemistry.
- Author(s)William E. Glassley
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note195 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, 39 black & white tables
- Weight952 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.