All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explains the engineering required to bring geothermal resources into use. The book covers specifically engineering aspects that are unique to geothermal engineering, such as measurements in wells and their interpretation, transport of near-boiling water through long pipelines, turbines driven by fluids other than steam, and project ecomics. The explanations are reinforced by drawing comparisons with other energy industries.
- Author BiographyArnold Watson was most recently Director of the Geothermal Institute at the University of Auckland, from which he retired and entered private consultancy in 2003. His previous appointments include Geothermal Division Manager at KRTA (KML) Ltd., Auckland; Lecturer in Engineering, Simon Engineering Laboratories, University of Manchester; and Scientific Officer, UK Atomic Energy Authority. He holds a PhD from the University of London.
- Author(s)Arnold Watson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/07/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note102 black & white illustrations, 28 colour illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight545 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2013
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.