All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGerald's Busy Day is a funny story for young animal fans who are learning to read on their own. Perfect for children aged 5-7 who are reading at book band blue. Tom and Lucy wonder whether their pet gerbil, Gerald, will be bored while they're at school. Mum thinks he will sleep all day, but Gerald has other ideas! The Froglets series is perfect for children who are reading on their own, with fun stories of more than 200 words and puzzles to encourage retelling the story and to help build vocabulary. Compiled in consultation with Catherine Glavina, PGCE and Primary Leader, The Centre for Professional Education, University of Warwick.
- Author BiographyLynne Benton was born in Bournemouth, but moved to Bath at 18 to train as a teacher, and has lived there ever since. She has taught in several primary schools in the area, as well as working as pianist and receptionist in a Dancing school and bringing up four children. In 1982 she and her husband, Robin, a fellow-teacher and composer, co-wrote a musical play for primary schools based on the story of Jason and the Golden Fleece (still, happily, in print) but it was only when their children began leaving home for university that she began writing seriously. In 1996 she was a prizewinner in the Independent's Children's Story of the Year competition, and since then has had several fiction books published. As well as writing longer novels for older children she enjoys writing humorous bite-size stories for younger ones. She welcomes invitations to go into schools and talk to children about her books, since it keeps her in touch with her readers, who she finds a continual source of inspiration. Mark was born in London into a creative family including a pianist, actress and dancer. He was encouraged to draw from an early age going on to study Illustration and Painting at the University of Wolverhampton. He lives with his wife, Geraldine, and their two sons. Follow him on Twitter @markjmarshall4
- Author(s)Lynne Benton
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleFroglets
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Content Notefull colour illustration
- Weight80 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mark Marshall
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.