Geriatric Psychiatry: v. 22 by American Psychiatric Association Publishing (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $63.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith an aging baby boomer population and life-prolonging medical advances, psychiatrists must brace for an estimated 10 million late-life patients by the year 2020. Geriatric Psychiatry (Review of Psychiatry, Volume 22) outlines current research on this burgeoning patient group, with practice implications for clinicians. In Geriatric Psychiatry rewned experts review the latest information on etiology, diagsis, and treatment options, including pharmacological and behavioral therapies, for a range of late-life disorders: * Depression and anxiety disorders -- A look at late-stage depression and anxiety, with specific information on depression that complicates dementia * Dementia -- Research advances for better understanding of pathophysiology, improved treatment options, and identification of risk factors * Late-life psychotic disorders -- Treating late-life schizophrenia, posttraumatic stress disorder, and bipolar disorder, as well as comorbidity associated with disorders such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and others * Late-life addictions -- Screening, assessment, treatment, compliance issues, and outcomes for patients with prescription drug and alcohol addictions and comorbid conditions Also included is an overview of the mental health delivery system for older adults today, including trends in federal expenditures, managed care, long-term-care regulatory trends, special concerns for older adults with severe mental illness, and legislative and policy initiatives. Every psychiatrist who treats adults must prepare for a major increase in older patients. Geriatric Psychiatry serves as a vital update on current kwledge and practice options for improving quality of life in older adults with mental illnesses.
- Author BiographyAlan M. Mellow, M.D., Ph.D., is Associate Professor and Chief of the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Michigan and Director of the Mental Health Service Line in the Veterans Healthcare Network 11 at the Department of Veterans Affairs in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication22/04/2003
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Content Note9 line drawings, 11 tables
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAlan M. Mellow
- Series Edited byJohn M. Oldham,Michelle B. Riba
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.