All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 25,000 German-language titles have been published in the United States from the colonial period to the twentieth century. This book gives a fresh look at this rich historical tradition, with essays discussing all genres of this colorful literature, ranging from immigrant letters to experimental German-language poetry by Jewish women, from German-American velists and playwrights to Austrian refugee publishers and a psychological theorist of the movies. German? American? Literature? reintroduces the modern reader to a fascinating subject that has gained new relevance in an age of increased global migrations.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Winfried Fluck is Professor and Chair of American Culture at the John F. Kennedy Institute for North American Studies of the Freie Universitaet Berlin. He has published widely on American literature and culture in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries and on questions of literary and cultural theory. His books include Theorien der amerikanischen Kultur (1987), Inszenierte Wirklichkeit (1992), and Das kulturelle Imaginaere: Eine Funktionsgeschichte des amerikanischen Romans 1790-1900 (1997). Werner Sollors earned his Doctor of Philosophy degree at the Freie Universitaet Berlin and is now Henry B. and Anne M. Cabot Professor of English and Chair of the American Civilization Program at Harvard University. He is the author of Beyond Ethnicity (1986) and Neither Black nor White Yet Both (1997), and is the editor of The Multilingual Anthology of American Literature (2000).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNew Directions in German-American Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight700 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byWerner Sollors,Winfried Fluck
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.