All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe phrase 'German Secret Weapons' immediately conjures up images of the V-1 and V-2 missiles which bombarded London in 1944. But what of the V-3 and V-4? What of Schmetterling, the Rochling shell, the Kurt bomb, the Hs293? These, and many other devices, were all part of the German secret armoury but are relatively unkwn except to a handful of specialists. What of the German nuclear bomb? And the question of chemical warfare? The sheer magnitude of the secret weapon projects of the Third Reich is revealed in this comprehensive study written by one of the world's great experts on weaponry. The book explores the various fields in which the Germans concentrated their weapon development and discusses the multiplicity of ideas, the difficulties, and, in several cases, how these ideas were subsequently exploited by the victors. Although much of the German wartime development was t completed before the war's end, it nevertheless provided a foundation for a great deal of the munitions development which has since taken place. Comparisons with Allied projects are also drawn. This book explodes some of the myths surrounding Hitler's secret weapons to reveal a truth all the stranger for being fact.
- Author BiographyIAN V. HOGG (1926-2002) was one of the world's foremost experts on firearms, artillery, ammunition and fortifications. Editor of Jane's Infantry Weapons from 1972 to 1994, among his many other books are The Guns, 1939-45, The Greenhill Military Small Arms Data Book and Coast Defences of England and Wales 1856-1956.
- Author(s)Ian Hogg
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrontline Books
- Content Note16 pages of b/w plates
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.