All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionHitler s regime was torious for its many experiments and its various secret ploys, weapons, and techlogical developments. But typically, the term secret German weapons only turns up images of the V-1 and V-2 missiles that played a part in bombing London in 1944. But truth be told, there were many more unheard of weapons behind the Third Reich. Many of these weapons have been unkwn to the general public. Here, one of the world s leading experts on weaponry, reveals the sheer magnitude of Hitler s secret weapon projects, from the V-3 and the V-4 missiles, to the Schmetterling, to the German nuclear bomb, and more. This detailed account of the myths surrounding secret German weapons examines the various fields the Germans concentrated on during their weapon development process and discusses difficulties that arrived in the process and how, in many cases, the ideas were exploited by other nations. German Secret Weapons of the Second World War draws comparisons between similar Allied projects and narrates the deeper purpose behind many of these projects. Many of these developments were t completed before the end of the war, but have created a solid foundation for many of today s great military developments. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in history--books about World War II, the Third Reich, Hitler and his henchmen, the JFK assassination, conspiracies, the American Civil War, the American Revolution, gladiators, Vikings, ancient Rome, medieval times, the old West, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyIan V. Hogg was a notable British author of several books on firearms, artillery, and ammunition, as well as various biographies of famous generals. During his career he wrote, co-wrote, or co-edited about 150 books. He was a frequent guest on the History Channel s Tales of the Gun and was regarded as one of the most objective researchers on firearms and their origins. He lived in the United Kingdom until his death in 2002.
- Author(s)Ian V Hogg
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.