All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the beginning of this century German Rieslings were the most expensive wines in the world, commanding higher prices than the top growths of Bordeaux. Today, in their incomparably light and elegant style, they offer value for money unmatched by any other wine-producing country. During the past decade, German producers have been paying more attention to quality of their wines, reducing yields but enhancing their reputations. The wine world has ticed, and the consumer is beginning to as well, meaning that there are more and better German wines in our stores all the times. The German Wine Guide provides a region-by-region critique of individual vineyards and wines, including tasting tes and a price guide. The scope, while selective, is vast, taking in both the kwn estates of the Mosel and little-kwn vineyards crafting fine wines. The authors are considered the two most influential wine writers in Germany. As German wines continue to attract more attention, this will be the resource both for aficionados and amateurs.
- Author BiographyArmin Diel was raised on a vineyard and is the owner of one of Germanys leading wine estates. He is also one of the countrys most respected wine and food critics. Joel Payne is an American living in Germany who has been a wine critic for nearly twenty years.
- Author(s)Armin Diel,Joel Payne
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication18/11/1998
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note500 b&w illustrations, maps, index
- Weight691 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.92Trending at AU $32.86
- AU $38.27Trending at AU $40.85
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $21.64Trending at AU $27.42
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $16.06Trending at AU $20.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.