All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title describes the Normandy campaign from the German perspective. It covers D-Day, Villers-Bocage, Cherbourg, St Lo, Caen, Avranches, and other battles in hedgerow country. Erwin Rommel, Michael Wittmann, and Kurt Meyer appear in this title. Drawing on letters, diaries, firsthand accounts, and official documents, The Germans in Normandy paints a vivid and frequently horrific picture of life for the men who held Hitler's vaunted Atlantic Wall when the Allies invaded France in June 1944 and who put up a bitter but ultimately hopeless defence throughout that summer. These are the German soldiers who manned the pillboxes on Omaha Beach, fired the machine guns across farmfields, and commanded the Tiger tanks. To read about the war from their point of view is sobering and informative.
- Author BiographyRichard Hargreaves is also the author of The Germans in Normandy (978-0-8117-3513-1) and Blitzkrieg Unleashed (978-0-8117-0724-4). He lives near Portsmouth, England.
- Author(s)Richard Hargreaves
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note19 b/w photos & 2 maps
- Weight508 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.