All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionGermans to America provides both genealogists and researchers of family history with the first extensive, indexed source of German-surname immigrants who came to all ports in the United States between 1850 and 1893. This period witnessed one of the highest rates of German emigration in the nineteenth century. The series reproduces information from the original ship manifest schedules, or passenger lists, filed by all vessels entering U.S. ports. All volumes are arranged in chrological order by each ship's date of arrival. For every passenger list, the following information is provided: ship name, port of departure, port of arrival, date of arrival, and list of German-surname passengers. Ships that departed from German ports or carried passengers who declared themselves to be of German origin are included, with full name, age, sex, occupation, and, when this information is given, country, province or village of origin provided for each emigrant. One of the most important features of this series is the complete index of names at the end of every volume, making it easy to find a particular individual or family name. Germans to America may be ordered by individual volume. Standing orders, which receive a 10% discount, are also welcomed.
- Author BiographyIra Glazier is the former Director of The Center for Migration Research at The Balch Institute for Ethnic Studies and Immigration. He is currently the director of castlegarden.org for The Battery Conservancy in New York. The late P. William Filby served for many years as the director of the Maryland Historical Society.
- PublisherScholarly Resources Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleGermans to America
- Series Part/Volume Number67
- Place of PublicationDenver
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholarly Resources Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteindex
- Weight889 g
- Width166 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byIra A. Glazier,William P. Filby
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.