All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionGermans to America provides both genealogists and researchers of family history with the first extensive, indexed source of German surname immigrants. This entire project was planned to span the years 1850 through 1893, but w the series has been extended. The series reproduces information from the original passenger lists filed by all vessels entering U.S. ports from abroad. Ships that departed from German ports or carried passengers who declared themselves to be of German origin are included, with first and last names, age, sex, occupation, and province and village of origin (whenever available) provided for each emigrant. A complete index of names is included at the end of every volume. Germans to America may be ordered by individual volume. Standing orders, which receive a 10% discount, are also welcomed.
- Author BiographyIra Glazier is the former Director of The Center for Migration Research at The Balch Institute for Ethnic Studies and Immigration. He is currently the director of castlegarden.org for The Battery Conservancy in New York. The late P. William Filby served for many years as the director of the Maryland Historical Society.
- PublisherScholarly Resources Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2002
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleGermans to America
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationDenver
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholarly Resources Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteindex
- Weight821 g
- Width164 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byIra A. Glazier,William P. Filby
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.