Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $54.54
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.83
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $27.56
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.89
About this product
- DescriptionGermany is a nation spread between rocky cliffs and sand dunes and mountaius Alps in the south, between the Rhine in the west and the Oder in the east, with a cultural heritage as manifold as its scenery.In over 180 striking photos this book presents all parts of the country with their local sights and customs.The legendary Father Rhine and fairy-tale castles such as Schloss Neuschwanstein take us back to the days of yore. The different periods and architectural styles - from the imperial palaces of Charlemagne, the magnificant edificesof the Romanesque and Gothic to baroque Dresden, Prussian classicism and modern urban constructions in glass and steel - have all helped shape the face of Germany, telling of the county's turbulent history.Cities such as Weimar and Frankfurt am Main live and breathe their literary past, their great poets Goethe and Schiler seemingly ever present, with Berlin a cultural treasure-trove of theatres and museums.One of Germany's grand highlights is romantic Heidelberg. Local customs and festivals are also deeply rooted in German tradition, with Munich's Oktoberfest, the revelries at Carnival time and the various religous processions throughout the year, a few of the many examples.
- Author(s)Jurgen Henkelmann,Karl-Heinz Raach,Martin Siepmann,Sebastian Wagner
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date11/07/2013
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.