Get Firefighter Fit: The Complete Workout from the Former Director of the New York City Fire Department Physical Training Program by Kevin S. Malley (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDEVELOP THE FITNESS LEVEL AND PHYSIQUE OF A TOP-FLIGHT FIREFIGHTER From the Former Director of the New York City Fire Department Physical Training ProgramOver 300 Step-by-Step Photos Illustrate Exercises That Dramatically Improve Firefighting ReadinessAre you ready to push yourself to the next level? Get Firefighter Fit shows how to train and achieve the peak level of fitness exhibited by high-performance firefighters. Using a multi-phased approach to total body conditioning, the authors methods have proven successful in transforming out-of-shape rookies into members of the highly respected FDNY.Regardless of your current fitness level, Get Firefighter Fit enables you to begin today to improve: Absolute Strength Aerobic Capacity Muscular Endurance Agility and Flexibility The book also includes performance-oriented nutrition tips to properly fuel and hydrate your body during high-intensity training.
- Author BiographyKevin S. Malley worked for 22 years as an FDNY firefighter and fire officer in Harlem and the Bronx. He worked as a member of Special Operations Unit Squad 41 in the South Bronx (1990-1992) and was appointed as the first FDNY Director of Human Performance in 1996. As FDNY Director of Human Performance (1996-2001) Kevin was responsible for the development and implementation of physical training programs for the 13,000 FDNY firefighters and emergency medical service personnel. He served as an FDNY technical representative on the IAFF/AFC Wellness/Fitness, Candidate Physical Ability Test and Peer Trainer projects. Additionally, he represented the Department on several NFPA committees and subcommittees, and continues to work as a committee member of the New York State Firefighting Code Enforcement Personnel Standards and Education Commission. David is currently an assistant professor in the Division of Sports Sciences at Long Island University and the Director of the Long Island University Human Performance Laboratory. He has published in scientific journals, and has presented his research at national meetings.
- Author(s)Kevin S. Malley
- PublisherUlysses Press
- Date of Publication27/11/2007
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUlysses Press
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.