All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
About this product
- DescriptionFor the Fitness & Wellness Course Motivate Students to Get Fit and Stay Well For Life Get Fit, Stay Well! gives students the targeted, personalized guidance they need to get started, keep motivated, and approach the next level in their own fitness & wellness. The Third Edition provides dynamic media, content that activates learning, and personalized approaches to fitness and wellness that students can apply for life. Maintaining the highly praised hallmarks of previous editions-integrated case studies, three-pronged labs, a fresh graphical approach, and extensive strength training and flexibility photos and videos-this edition further engages students by including vibrant GetFitGraphic infographics to inspire thinking and discussion. QR codes in the book allow students to easily access exercise videos and fitness programs right on their smartphones. Instructors can track and assess student progress with the easy-to-use MasteringHealth. Included with Get Fit, Stay Well!, MasteringHealth is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to help keep students on track and prepared for lecture. Teaching and Learning Experience This program presents a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. Get Fit, Stay Well! Third Edition will: *Personalize Learning with MasteringHealth: MasteringHealth coaches students through the toughest fitness and wellness topics. Engaging tools help students visualize, practice, and understand crucial content, from the basics of fitness to the fundamentals of behavior change.*Engage Students with Dynamic Tools: Online resources and a mobile website for personal fitness and wellness programs guide students through every chapter and encourage healthy changes.*Activate Learning with Real-world Fitness & Wellness Topics: A modern presentation of strength training as well as two new wellness programs brings fitness and wellness to life for students.*Encourage Behavior Change: Labs, case studies, and new tips for making healthy changes help students learn what they need to do to become fit and well for life.* Keep Students Motivated: New GetFitGraphics and reflection questions in the labs keep students on track. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; Mastering does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and Mastering search for ISBN-10: 0321911849 /ISBN-13: 9780321911841. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321933958/ISBN-13: 9780321933959 and ISBN-10: 0321957393/ISBN-13: 9780321957399. Mastering is t a self-paced techlogy and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
- Author BiographyJanet L. Hopson is a full-time science writer who has written or co-authored nine books, including two popular nonfiction books on human pheromones and human brain development, and six textbooks on general biology for college and high school students. She teaches science writing at San Francisco State University and University of California Santa Cruz. She holds B.A. and M.A. degrees from Southern Illinois University and the University of Missouri. She has won awards for magazine writing, and her articles have appeared in Smithsonian, Psychology Today, Science Digest, Science News, Outside, and others. Dr. Rebecca J. Donatelle is an Associate Professor of Health Promotion and Behavior Coordinator of the Public Health Promotion and Education Programs in the College of Health and Human Sciences at Oregon State University. She has a Ph.D. in Community Health/Health Education, a Master of Science degree in Health Education, and a Bachelor of Science degree with majors in both Health/Physical Education and English. She is also a Certified Health Education Specialist. She teaches courses in Health Behaviors, Infectious Diseases, Chronic Disease Prevention and Control, and Violence and Public Health, and has taught thousands of students in health-related fields over the years. As a researcher and behavioral scientist with an emphasis on intervention science, much of her work has focused on women's health and the health of elderly populations. Her research has been published in numerous journals, and she has been a guest speaker and presenter at professional conferences throughout the country. Dr. Donatelle is also the author of the highly successful introductory health textbooks Access to Health and Health: The Basics, published by Benjamin Cummings. Dr. Tanya R. Littrell is a full-time faculty member in Fitness Technology and Physical Education at Portland Community College in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Littrell worked as a fitness director for many years before attending graduate school at Oregon State University, where she earned both a master's degree in Human Performance/Exercise Physiology and a doctoral degree in Exercise Science/Exercise Physiology. Dr. Littrell has been teaching lifetime fitness classes for undergraduates since 1998.
- Author(s)Janet L. Hopson,Rebecca J. Donatelle,Tanya R. Littrell
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication03/01/2014
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, Subs of Addison Wesley Longman, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.