All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA book co-authored by a bug? Picking up a book that quotes a bug is probably the last thing you thought you'd ever do. I understand the skepticism. But listen. Bugs kw more about trout than any of us. And catching trout with a fly is what you want to get into. Stoney, the homeless stonefly, will get you into fly fishing quickly, easily, intuitively, and without plundering your life savings, credit score, or family serenity. Fly fishing introduction books written by humans are doomed by anthropomorphism. They describe the underwater world as it appears to humans, t as it appears to fish or more importantly aquatic insects, like Stoney, the homeless stonefly. His family has been dealing with trout for 56 million years, your family for less than 56,000. Do the math, buy the book.
- Author BiographyJohn Davenport is the eNewsletter Editor for Denver Trout Unlimited in Colorado. His short piece, Tunnel, was published in the Winter 2013 issue of The Drake. His fly-fishing eBooks include: the Bug the Bug, Fly-Fishing Advice from Smart Bugs series and the FishB4UFly series that divulges how to fish great places in a day and still make your flight home from Denver or Baltimore/Washington. All are available from Amazon in eBook format and some are available in print. Check: http: //amazon.com/author/john-h-davenport He fishes twice a week on nearby streams and has been learning to fly fish for many decades. He's held licenses to match wits with trout in 21 states and 17 foreign countries. To see where he's fishing right now check: fishb4ufly.blogspot.com He's officiated at the following fly-fishing tournaments: International Championship - Boulder, Colorado 2006,2007 America Cup Championship - Frisco & Vail, Colorado 2008,9,10,11,13 Carp Slam Pro-Am Fly-Fishing Contest - Denver, Colorado 2009,10,11,12,13,14,15 and competed in 2016 He's tied flies and fished with his six grandchildren in CO, UT, NJ, HI, PA and IL. He and his charming wife Brenda live with their cats Pierre and Pedro in Denver and Chicago. His home stream is in Colorado.
- Author(s)John H Davenport
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date01/12/2016
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.